Friday, October 17, 2008

Baby Update

Just thought I'd give a quick baby update. As of yesterday I was 35 weeks which means roughly five weeks until Lando will be here! It's gone by amazingly fast. I'm frantically trying to get everything done and ready for his arrival. Will's excited for his baby brother and loves to hang out in baby's room. Every time we're at a store he asks if he can buy something for baby brother...but somehow the things all end up being for him, either going in his room or the toy room. :)

Baby's room is almost done, I just need to hang some stuff up on the walls and then I'll post pictures of it. I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out. It's been fun going through Will's old clothes and sorting out what we can use and what won't work this time. I can't believe how tiny the clothes are! Tomorrow morning is my baby shower, which I'm really looking forward to. I have fantastic friends that offered to host it for me, and I can't wait to see what they've planned.

My friend Joanne--one of my many pregnant friends--found a website that equates fetal size to fruits or vegetables. I checked what Lando's equivalent to and laughed. Joanne's little baby girl (Jo, Lando's future wife, perhaps????? At least we know they wouldn't have crazy inlaws!) is the size of a mango, and she's 19 weeks. Here's what the website had to say about Baby Knightly:



Month 8
Average Fetus: 17.2 to 18.7 inches long, 4.2 to 5.8 pounds

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

Pretty interesting! I had an OB visit today, and the doctor said baby's measuring right on track and his heartbeat sounded good. He's already head down, so that's great news.

I took some more side view belly shots a couple days ago. I feel bad that I haven't done that as often this time as I did when I was pregnant with Will. Second child syndrome starts in the womb I guess. :)



By the way, we have decided on a name!! A first name anyway...John's still insisting that Danger be his middle name since he's not getting Lando as the first name, but I refuse to cave!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Keep strong, your little boy will thank you one day for not caving. ;)

I can't believe how soon he will be here!!!